Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Phone Call

Monty called me on Sunday. I almost missed his call because I forgot that Caller ID simply says "call." I realized who it must be as soon as I rejected it but, thankfully, he called back right away.

He was surprised when he realized I was right that I hadn't gotten a call from him since November. He said that he could pay for calls for a while as I work to get the vet bills manageable. We talked about that, since he's only had the story from letters. We talked about his kids and I was happy to hear that he gets to talk to all of them at least once a week. I was worried about the eldest, because his mother is a bitch to the nth degree.

It's hard to sit and chat like you would want when you only get 15 minutes, but it was good to hear from him for those 15 minutes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment